Following a review of the current norovirus outbreak at Warwick Hospital the decision has been made to introduce further visiting restrictions to prevent the spread of infection.
Fully Closed Wards with No Visiting
There will be no visiting on the wards fully affected (all bays) by norovirus at Warwick Hospital as detailed below:
Exceptions to Restrictions
· There will be exceptions made on compassionate grounds where the patient is seriously ill. Please telephone the appropriate ward manager prior to visiting to discuss this.
Partially Closed Wards with Restricted Visiting
As Charlecote Ward and Guy Ward have bay(s) affected by Norovirus, restricted visiting is in place from 2pm-4pm and 6pm-8pm. Visitors must read the below visitor guidance prior to visiting:
All visiting to other wards remain unaffected
- Immediate family members only (two members per bed)
- No under 16s are allowed to visit the hospital
- Visitors must wash hands using soap and water before and after visiting the wards
- Visitors must not visit the hospital if they have been in contact with, or have had, diarrhoea and/or vomiting within the last 48 hours
More information can be found on the Trust’s website www.swft.nhs.uk. If you have any questions please contact the Ward Managers.
Notes to editors:
For more information please contact communications on 01926 495321 ext 8383