Stoma and internal pouch care service
What we do
We provide practical training and support to anyone who has, or may require, a bowel or urine stoma, or internal pouch as a result of colorectal surgery.
We offer impartial advice and supplies of a variety of stoma products (we are not sponsored by any manufacturing company).
Our flexible clinic system means we can often provide reviews on the same or next day, helping to prevent undue physical and psychological distress.
- pre-operative counselling and discussion
- post-operative training and support
- clinics at Warwick and Stratford hospitals
- carer, or care home staff training
- skin care treatment and advice
- product advice and samples
- travel advice
- diet advice
- colostomy irrigation training and support
- stoma hernia support garment fittings
- ileo-anal pouch support and advice
Contact and location
The Stoma Care Department, Outpatients Department, Warwick Hospital (next to the blood taking area)
Tel: +44 (0)1926 – 495321 ext 4504 (office hours 08.30–16.30 Monday to Friday)
A clinic is held in the downstairs outpatient area of Stratford Hospital twice a month.
Preparing for your appointment
It would be helpful to bring along one of your pouches or a template, a list of the stoma products currently in use, as well as a list of current medications. Some people find it helpful to write down a food diary or leakage summary prior to an appointment.
- Ileostomy and Internal Pouch Support Group
- The ileostomy and internal pouch support group
- Colostomy Association
- Urostomy Association
- National Association for Crohns and Colitis
- Beating Bowel Cancer
- National Key Scheme (RADAR)