Integrated health teams
What we do
Integrated Health Teams (IHTs) provide skilled and compassionate nursing care and interventions for patient’s registered with a Warwickshire GP. This care is delivered primarily within the patient’s own home but clinics are used to offer specialist assessments and ambulatory care. We have Non-Medical prescribers in our teams and have dedicated pharmacy support.
We have an in-house developed electronic scheduling tool that allows timely delivery of care and ability to plan our work as efficiently as possible.
Each IHT is wrapped around a GP population of approximately 50,000 and work geographically within the county of Warwickshire.
Service provision is for those who are not able to attend an outpatient setting or where home would be the most appropriate place to deliver care based on clinical decision.
- Palliative and end of life care and support
- Health education and encouraging self-management for patients with long term conditions
- Tissue viability including, wound management, pressure ulcer prevention and treatment
- Leg ulcer pathway and treatment
- Continence assessment, promotion and management including care of catheters
- Self-administration programme’s for assistance with eye and ear care and simple injections
- Diabetes management and education
- Attendance at MDT's in GP practices
Location/How to find us
South Warwickshire IHTs are based:
- Kenilworth Health Clinic
- Cape Road Health Clinic
- Southam Health Clinic
- Leamington Spa Hospital
- Stratford-upon-Avon Hospital
- Ellen Badger Hospital
- Alcester Primary Care Centre
North Warwickshire IHTs are based:
- Bedworth Clinic
- The Manor Clinic
- Atherstone Clinic
Rugby IHTs are based:
- The Orchard Centre
Preparing for your appointment
Patients are provided with an individualised care plan that remains in the home for the health professional to record care in. It remains the property of the team visiting and is retrieved by the team on discharge from the service. You will be advised of your appointment schedule and when to expect your visits.
The Integrated Single Point of Access (ISPA) takes all referrals and calls into the service from health professionals, patients and families.
Tel: +44(0)1926 600818
Operates from 08:00 to 20:00, 7 days a week
After 22:00 all calls are diverted to NHS 111