What we do
Dietitians are qualified healthcare professionals who use nutrition science to help people make informed decisions about the food they eat and their lifestyle, both for promoting good health and improving symptoms of disease.
The Dietetic Service provides individual care to patients of all ages, from birth to older adults.
We provide the following services for children:
- Inpatient care for Warwick Hospital and George Eliot Hospital, including Special Care Baby Units
- Outpatient clinics at various locations
- Home visits (where criteria met)
- Support for schools and children's centres
We deliver evidence-based dietary advice to patients and their carers for many conditions, including the following:
- Food Allergy
- Tube feeding
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Cardiac conditions
- Nutritional deficiencies
Our aim is to ensure that all our patients have a nutritionally healthy diet, that meets their individual needs and helps prevent disease.
As well as providing individualised patient advice, we also provide training for professionals and have involvement in a number of health promotion projects.