Research could not happen without the support of patients, carers and members of the public. Your help to assist us improve services is vital, both for the present and future generations. Each year about 750 new patients take part in our studies and we currently have approximately 40 studies open.
Taking part in a trial may include any of the following:
- Talking to researchers
- Completing questionnaires
- Letting us take blood samples or other measurements e.g. blood pressure, urine tests
- Taking a new medicine or trying a new treatment
Why take part?
- You may benefit from a new treatment or test or others may benefit in the future
- You may want to contribute to improving care for others
- You may feel that you like the extra attention and time that sometimes participation in a trial can provide.
- You may want to increase your knowledge about your condition.
Research Studies that we are currently involved in include the following specialities:
- Critical Care
- Cancer and haematology
- Heart disease
- Emergency Medicine
- Trauma and Orthopaedics
We support clinicians to open studies and actively seek to open studies in new specialities. Participation as a patient is voluntary and patients who do not wish to participate will still receive the best care that we can offer.
All research conducted within the Trust has been reviewed by the Research Governance department within the Research and Development team, to ensure robust standards are maintained.
You can see our performance here.
Should you wish to know more about the studies open to recruitment within any particular specialty please email email@example.com.
SWFT is one of the Partnership Trusts for the Comprehensive Research Network – West Midlands - https://local.nihr.ac.uk/lcrn/west-midlands