We recognise our environmental obligations and we are committed to minimising our impact on the local environment and helping to improve it.
We are taking significant action to achieve our aims, investing in spend-to-save schemes and collaborating with local partners to ensure our services and teams are fit for the future.
What we have done so far:
- Installed extensive LED lighting across our hospital and car parks
- Encouraged staff to travel in more sustainable ways including providing a Cycle to Work Scheme, offering a car share database and having a small fleet of electric vehicles for our Support Services Teams
- Sending zero waste to landfill.
- Established a ‘Food for Life Charter’ to promote access and develop better food provision for our staff and patients.
- Develop and maintain green spaces for the benefits of our staff, patients and visitors.
SWFT is committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2040. Our three-year Green Plan (which you can access here) highlights the actions we will be taking to put us on this path. Working with our partners and the local community, we will be creating sustainable and innovative healthcare models which are fit for the future.
We report our progress and achievements in our Annual Reports
Please contact us through: firstname.lastname@example.org