We recognise our environmental obligations and we are committed to minimising our impact on the local environment and helping to improve it.
We are taking significant action to achieve our aims, investing in spend-to-save schemes and collaborating with local partners to ensure our services and teams are fit for the future.
What we have done so far:
- Installed extensive LED lighting across our hospital and car parks
- Encouraged staff to travel in more sustainable ways including providing a Cycle to Work Scheme, offering a car share database and having a small fleet of electric vehicles for our Support Services Teams
- Sending zero waste to landfill.
- Established a ‘Food for Life Charter’ to promote access and develop better food provision for our staff and patients.
- Develop and maintain green spaces for the benefits of our staff, patients and visitors.
Our 5 Year Sustainability Strategy up until 2024 sets out our vision for the next four years across the SWFT estate and local community. We have set ambitious targets across key sections of our operations including new areas such as procurement and sustainable health care models as well as advancing on our well-developed work with our staff health and wellbeing team and increasing our buildings’ energy efficiency.
We report our progress and achievements in our Annual Reports
Please contact us through: firstname.lastname@example.org