In accordance with section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, South Warwickshire University Trust (SWFT) annually publishes a Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement on the steps it has taken in the previous year to ensure that modern slavery (i.e. slavery and human trafficking), is not taking place in any part of its own business or any of its supply chains.
Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement 2022
The Trust supports and respects the protection of human rights for all its employees and workers within its supply chain. We believe in treating individuals with respect and dignity, and do not condone the use of our products or services which infringe the basic human rights of others. We expect our suppliers and business partners to adhere to the same high standards and to take all reasonable steps to combat slavery and human trafficking.
The Trust has in place due diligence procurement and tendering processes to ensure all its selected suppliers and any third parties are compliant with the Model Slavery Act (2015).
Accordingly, we are committed to ensure that:
- We are not complicit in human rights’ abuses of any kind and that slavery or human trafficking are not taking place in our supply chain or any part of the Trust’s business, this includes our social enterprise, SWFT Clinical Services and our joint venture with George Elliot Hospital NHS Trust, Innovate Healthcare Services Ltd.
- Employment with the Trust and our suppliers is voluntary
- Our workplace and those of our suppliers are free from discrimination or harassment based on:
- Gender (including pregnancy)
- Sexual orientation
- Marital status
- Gender identity
- National origin
- Any other characteristic protected by applicable law
- Our workplaces are safe and healthy
- Corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery, is prohibited
- Our policies and procedures are devised to reflect we take all reasonable steps to achieve these commitments. This includes, but is not limited to, the following policies:
- Procurement Policy
- Counter Fraud and Corruption Policy
- Recruitment & Selection Policy
- Conflicts of Interest Guidance
- Safeguarding Policy