Click here to read the March 2021 update on the development.
Ellen Badger Hospital Development plans
We are currently working with Shipston Medical Centre to progress plans to develop the existing Ellen Badger site and re-locate the medical centre.
There will be a range of services available on the site. The new build will have approximately 100 rooms, all varying sizes and functions with enhanced clinical spaces for hospital, community and primary care services. This is an exciting time for residents of Shipston and the surrounding villages as this integrated, modern healthcare facility will be leading the way nationally with lots of future opportunities.
Proposed plans for the Ellen Badger site after completion of the first phase:
- New car park with flexible space for mobile diagnostics, e.g. breast screening services
- Health and Wellbeing Centre* (ground floor) - a flexible space for community use, therapy and activities
- Woodland walk, including access to the River Stour*
- Shipston Medical Centre: this new updated facility will increase clinical space by more than 30%, allowing for service expansion and space for other primary care services. The new location will enable closer working with community services and integration with other services and the voluntary sector, which all supports quality patient care and enhancing the health and wellbeing of our community. The design of the new building includes larger waiting areas and will better meet infection control processes
- Entrance from Stratford Road
- Shared spaces for Community Nursing and Health Visiting teams as well as Shipston Home Nursing. There will be outpatients and treatment rooms for physiotherapy, specialist nurses and other health professionals including mental health clinicians
- Existing building will initially provide the day hospital, outpatient clinics and physiotherapy services, flexibility in the future to be used for other services, e.g. inpatients
*The range of facilities within the health and well-being centre and the woodland walk are subject to the level of public fundraising support.
We will get as much information to you as we progress the development and really want to get your feedback at every stage. If you have any further comments or questions, we would encourage you to send them to EBHdevelopment@swft.nhs.uk
Please see a selection of updates and videos on the project:
Update on developing the Ellen Badger site from Sophie Gilkes, Director of Development - September 2020