You may be eligible for free parking. There are no charges for the following groups:
- Patients attending the Renal Unit for Dialysis.
- Visitors staying overnight in the Neonatal Unit
- Visitors for end-of-life patients
- Visitors to the complaints department (meetings)
Following the Government’s manifesto commitment in 2019 to make hospital car parking free for those in greatest need the following has been implemented:
Blue badge holders
This is for holders of a valid Blue Badge attending hospital as a patient or visitor, or for a disabled person employed by the hospital Trust. Blue Badge holder patients and visitors receive free parking for the duration of their attendance at, or visit to, the hospital. Blue Badge holder employees receive free parking while at the hospital for purposes relating to their employment.
Working with our external ANPR contractor (LPS) to enable the blue badge holder to scan (via a bar code) their blue badge at any of the pay on foot machines located in any SWFT public car parks. The machine will authenticate that the blue badge is valid and in-date and once the holder has inputted their registration number allow the holder free parking for the duration of their stay.
Frequent Outpatient’s attenders
Free parking will be provided for all patients who attend hospital for an appointment three times within a month and for an overall period of three months A month is defined as a period of 30 days
How it works:
- You will be eligible for free parking as a frequent attendee after you have had a face-to-face appointment with a Consultant or Doctor at least three times in a month or over a period of a least three months. A month is defined as a period of 30 days
- This does not include - Blood tests - Radiology tests - Hearing tests - Medical device fittings - Endoscopy appointments - Physiotherapy appointments - Maternity scans
- You MUST pay for all visits and obtain a receipt
- After your third visit please use this form to claim back your parking charges
- The Trust will reimburse the cost of a 2nd class stamp
- Please be aware that this form may be used for audit purposes to substantiate the claim
If you have any queries about parking please speak to someone from the department you are attending
Parents of sick children staying overnight:
This is for a parent or guardian of a child or young person, under 18 years of age, who is admitted as an inpatient at hospital overnight. They receive free parking between the hours of 7.30pm and 8am while visiting the child. This would apply to a maximum of two vehicles.