Diabetes and endocrinology
What we do
We provide specialist services for patients with a wide variety of diabetic and endocrine conditions in South Warwickshire and the surrounding areas.
Our aim is to help patients self-manage diabetes, avoid hospital admissions and reduce diabetes related complications. Clinics are run at Warwick Hospital and Stratford Hospital. We provide diabetes and Endocrine services through:
- general diabetes clinic
- nurse-led insulin pump clinics for people with Type 1 Diabetes
- a joint carbohydrate clinic with dietician
- a joint antenatal clinic for pregnant women
- nurse-led pre-conception clinic for women planning for pregnancy
- nurse-led erectile dysfunction clinic
- multidisciplinary diabetes foot clinic
- podiatrist-led step down diabetes foot clinic
- joint transitional diabetes clinic
- adolescent diabetes clinic
- general endocrinology clinic for patients with thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, PCOS and metabolic bone diseases
Patients with diabetic retinopathy are seen in Machen eye unit, Warwick Hospital.
Contact and location
The Diabetes and Endocrinology Department is based at Warwick Hospital and we run clinics both in the department and in Outpatients. Consultant-led clinics are also run from Stratford hospital.
Diabetes Centre helpline (for people with diabetes who are under our consultants care) Tel: +44 (0)1926 495321 Ext.4137 (answerphone service for non-urgent queries Mon-Fri)
Ante-natal enquiries tel: +44 (0)1926 482649
Preparing for your appointment
Please ensure that you bring your blood glucose meter, a blood glucose diary, and up-to-date list of current medications to your clinic appointment.
For your consultant diabetes clinic appointment please bring an early morning urine sample. If you have been provided with request forms for blood tests, please ensure that you have had your blood tests done prior to your clinic appointment.
- Diabetes UK
- The British Thyroid Foundation
- The Pituitary Foundation
- Verity - the UK charity for women who's lives are affected by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
- Living with CAH - a support group for those living with CAH (Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia).
- Patient UK - a website providing non-medical people in the UK with good quality information about health and disease
« Return to Adult in-hospital services