You can collect hearing aid batteries from Warwick Hospital, Stratford Hospital and Ellen Badger Hospital without and appointment between the receptions opening times. We also have battery centres in the local area please see the link below for full details.
From January 2016 you will be able to collect one packet of hearing aid batteries per hearing aid provided from any of centres listed. Exclusions do apply - the full policy is available below.
If you are having issues with you hearing aids walk-in sessions are available at Warwick Hospital if your hearing aid was issued by South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust. During these sessions you will be seen on a first-come first-served basis and they are run at the following times:
- Monday: 13:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday: 08:00 – 12:00
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday: 09:00 – 12:00
The busiest time in a Monday afternoon, particularly between 1pm and 3pm. You may wish to consider this when booking in.
Please note the department is not open on Bank Holidays.
If you would like to attend Stratford Hospital and/or Ellen Badger Hospital (Shipston on Stour) then please contact us to arrange an appointment for a Hearing Aid Repair:
Tel: +44(0)1926 482668
During the walk-in session we can:
- Retube your hearing aid – this needs to be done every 6-9 months
- Replace your open fitting tube and dome – this needs to be done every 6 months
- Make slight adjustments to the sound of your hearing aid
- Make a new ear mould if appropriate (please note your ears must be clear of wax in order for us to take impressions for new ear moulds).
- Replace a faulty hearing aid
- Replace lost hearing aids - From 1st July 2015 there will be a charge up to a maximum of £100 per hearing aid. The hearing aid(s) will only be issued after payment has been confirmed. Exclusions apply – please click here for full details.
- Instruct on battery insertion, cleaning, ear mould insertion and use of the controls
- Advice on assistive listening devices and communication strategies
- Inform you about support groups and other related services
Please note if you suspect a problem with wax or an infection we recommend visiting your GP before attending the walk-in-clinic.
In some cases we may need to arrange a further appointment after seeing you on the walk-in-clinic in order to solve all issues or to have you hearing loss reassessed.
If you are unable to attend one of the walk-in clinics, you can post your hearing aid for repair to: Audiology, Warwick Hospital, Lakin Road, Warwick, CV34 5BW. We’d appreciate it if you could kindly send your hearing aid to us via recorded delivery, packaged securely. You should also include a stamped, self-addressed envelope in which we can return the hearing aid safely to you. This will then be returned to you via recorded delivery to ensure safe return. Hearing aid repairs are free of charge on the NHS, however, there is no funding to cover postage and packaging. We also ask that you include a short note to explain the problem you are having with the hearing aid.